Friday 10 January 2014

Real Techniques Core Collection - Review

So.. To make this easier for each brush I will do a separate paragraph in order from left to right as shown on my lovely photograph above.
Let me start off by saying these brushes are a must have for any lady hat has a bit of an obsession with makeup brushes like me. The brissles are sinthetic and the aluminium handles are very light and easy to grip. I also love how they are so soft and squidgey and normally with makeup brushesthat texture   never lasts, even after washing them, but if you treat these brushes right they will be as good as new every time you even lightly wash them (depending if you are a makeup monster or not but secretly we all are aren't we) They come in a black case that is easy to travel with and you can stand it up on your desk whilst using them although I must say I never usually stand it up. I love these brushes but there are ones I like more than others.

On the far left we have the contour brush.. I love this brush. I use it to contour my face with bronser or sometimes a dark blush. This contour brush is different from others I have used simply because of its oval shaped head, instead of it being circle and having the keep blending and blending until it gets into the shape you want, this one simply does the job quick and easy. I use it to define my cheek bones, chin and top of my fourhead. 

second the the left we have the pointed foundation brush.. Now although this brush is supposed to be a foundation brush I find it far to small to cover my whole face it would take hours. (If I could recommend another pointed foundation brush it would be the models own pointed foundation brush). so yeah I use this mostly for concealing and highlighting with a cream concealer, and I actually still like using it for that reason. I do the bridge of my nose with it and under my eyes and brow bone sometimes. So yeah although it doesn't do the job it's supposed to in my opinion, it's still good. by the way these brushes are multi purpose so any of them can be used in different ways, any ways you feel most satisfied. 

Second to the right we have the detailed brush.. Now unfortunately this brush is the one that collects dust for me. This brush is basically designed to cover problem areas such as blemishes, spots etc but I find it a little to small (I know haha you can't win can you Sam) I feel if I want to cover a spot with this brush with my mac cream concealer that it takes far to much time and effort. I did try this with lipstick and it was pretty good but I already have a ted baker lipstick brush that I love so until the time comes I won't be using this brush that often. 

NOW... On the far right we have the buffing brush..I LOVE THIS BRUSH 🙏 
This brush is mainly for none heavy liquid foundations and is designed to give you medium to full coverage. But the even better thing about this brush is that I use one of the heaviest liquid foundations on the market, yes you guessed it correctly.. Mac studio sculpt. I found with this foundation I couldn't find a brush that maintained a natural look whilst giving me full coverage.. And then this little beauty of a brush stepped into my life. I work my way from the bottom to the top of my face, blending in the foundation in circular motions and the finish result is flawless. I have even started using this on weekdays and weekends which is strange because normally I use my stippling brush which I love but I think I've found a new favourite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment