Saturday 11 January 2014

Word For Word - today's Makeup

I loved my makeup yesterday! I also love this tshirt from River Island and I'll show it in a post very soon! I wanted a dark but sheek look so thought I'd do a natural eye shadow with a dark lip! this look works so well in winter because of the purple! This dark purple has been my favourite winter colour this season :-)

After cleansing, toning and moisturizing my face, I applied with my finger tips some Mac Prep and Prime (primer) all over my face.
I then moved on to foundation. Using my buffing brush, working from the bottoms of my face towards the top, I went in circular motions and applied my Mac Studio Sculpt. this foundation, using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, gives you a full coverage finish and is effortlessly flawless. 
Moving onto cocealer and highlighting, I used my Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush to apply my Mac Cream Conclear (NW15) under my eyes, on the brow bone and downwards on my nose and then applied it to cover up some blemishes and redness on my cheeks and forehead. this concealer not only conceals break outs but works as an excellent day to day highlighter on the centre of my face (where sun would naturally hit). 
I wasn't going to use powder but wanted to set in my foundation so I used my Mac Studio Fix Compact Powder, I used a regular powder brush from boots. I applied this in the places where I wouldn't want to look shiney or oily (forehead, chin and temples).
my eyebrows actually don't take that much effort, I used my Mac Eyebrow Horizontal Brush with my Ruby&Miller Combo Shadow&Cream. this little duo palette is fabulous and so handy, I apply the transparent cream to my eye brows first then afterwards I apply the brown shadow. The cream helps it set and makes sure that all the brown powder stays locked in your eyebrows for much longer! Also gives a more natural brow which I am loving latley! 
I then used my Real Techniques Contour Brush to define my cheek bones using my Benefit Bronzer. I applied this on my cheek bones, Upper forehead, around the outer corners of my face and a little on my neck using my powder brush.
My eyeshadow was actually quite simple. Using a Ted Baker crease brush, I applied Mac Woodwick eye shadow (Veluxe pearl finish) in my crease and outer corner of my eye. I blended it with my finger tips. I then sweeped a tiny bit of Mac Pigmet Powder in Natural over the top to add some extra pearly goodness. 
I finished my eyes by doing a nice flick of liquid black eyeliner and some mascara.
I used my Ted Baker Lip Brush to apply my lipstick with a touch of Lip balm on the brush. This lipstick is Deep Purple from topshop! 

And there you go.. A short and sweet word for word tutorial on how to achieve this more or less effortless dark sheek makeup! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment